We are going to start this years Homesteading on a Dime challenge with Swagbucks. I spend most of my time on Swagbucks and it is, by far, my biggest earning site. Swagbucks is rated an A+ at the Better Business Bureau.
How to Earn with Swagbucks
In your First 10 Minute Session:
- Search until you get a win – 6-30 swagbucks
- Finish your “To Do” List on the first page (Swagbutton, NOSO, Daily Poll, Daily Crave) – 5 swagbucks
In my introduction to Homesteading on a Dime 2015 post I explained how I do one 10 minute session in the morning and a 30 minute session in the afternoon. The steps above will not take you anywhere near 10 minutes to finish, but if you continue this challenge you will have 4 other sites to also quickly do things at in your first ten minutes. Practice, practice, practice! Learn to get those tasks done as fast as possible.
Need More Details?
Search and Earn is at the top. The To Do List is found under your Daily Goal Meter.
- Click on the “Daily Crave” and you will have to like or unlike a page after it is up for about 30 seconds then it will credit you with a swagbuck after a second page is up for about 30 seconds. You can open it in a new window.
- The SwagButton is an automatic swagbuck if you have it installed on your computer.
- Daily Poll is a question, answer it and you get a swagbuck.
- NOSO stands for “no obligation special offer”. Just click that you are not interested (or fill out the information if you are) and you will get 2 swagbucks at the end.
In your Second Session (time spent is up to you, I spend 30 minutes):
I spend most, sometimes all, my “second session” time at Swagbucks. There are many things you can quickly do to earn some more swagbucks.
- Play 10 Games (10 Swagbucks, 2 every other game). Swagasaurus Run and Swag Jump are the fastest. Load them while you are doing other things.
- Do as many Brand Activities or Encrave Activities as you can. They are usually found on the homepage (generally in the first 2 lines of special offer boxes) and are worth 2 points each. They are a fast way to rack up swagbucks.
- Surveys. Try for them, it is the fastest way to earn! They seemed hard to get at first, but I qualify for at least 1-2 a day now. I think the algorithm that figures which surveys they put on your page gets better the more you do. You will also get faster because most have similar set-ups. I find most take about half the time they say it will.
- Special Offers. If you still have time you can go to the special offers page and watch videos. They are generally worth 1 swagbuck each and can usually be found in the Radium One and Toro “1 click” Section.
- Reach your Daily Goal!!! If you make your daily goal everyday for the month you will get a bonus 300 swagbucks on the 5th day of the next month (you will also get a bonus if you reach it for 7, 14, or 21 days in a row). That is on top of the daily bonus you get for getting your goal. On the page example above, I will get a bonus 9 swagbucks because I reached the goal of 100 that day. Goals get harder after big days and easier after bad ones. At the end of last year I was getting goals that were near 300.
A Few Other Tips:
- Use swagbucks as your regular search engine, that way you will get surprise wins on days you need to use search.
- Keep tabs on the blog. Swagbucks regularly holds contests where you can earn bonus swagbucks for doing specific things for your team. They can be fun and encourage you to check out other areas of the site. In the first swagbucks picture the box that says “Feed the Meter” is where they announce the contests.
- Swagbucks will also hold “collector bill” contests. Find all of them and you will get bonus swagbucks awarded immediately (usually around 15). The bills are random when you get a search win.
- If you are in need of money then check out other areas. Tasks is one section where you can earn more if you do it for a while (you will be offered higher paying jobs as you get better). It doesn't pay great for the time spent, but if you need it then it is there.
- You can redeem swagbucks for cash. Get a paypal card and transfer it to your bank. There are other awards too (I like Amazon cards because you can add them to your account and save them up – plus they encourage me to look at it as money I can spend whereas I tend to save “real” income)
- You can shop through swagbucks. I use Mr Rebates for all my rebate shopping because they usually have the highest rebates, but if you would rather use swagbucks it is an option. Use something – cash back on online shopping is an easy way to save some money.
- If you do not like the idea of using your email for special offers then you can create a new email just for offer sites. This stops junk mail from going to your regular inbox, but still gives you access when you need it. You can use hotmail or gmail to do this.
- You should bring in $30-$80/month with Swagbucks depending on how many surveys you do, if you reach your daily goals, and if you have access to the mobile apps. You can choose paypal (cash) or gift cards.
Mobile Ways to Earn with Swagbucks:
If you have a mobile phone, iPod/iPad, or device that runs android, then you can earn more swagbucks without doing much at all by using their mobile apps. Find them, download them, and you can let the videos run on their own and earn swagbucks as they go.
TIP 1: Go through and “favorite” videos that are 30 seconds or less. After that just play your favorites. You will earn the max amount in the shortest amount of time that way. Some of the quickest videos are under “Home and Garden” and are listed as “10 second tips”. Yep, 10 second videos!
- SBTV Mobile – earn up to 36 swagbucks a day (2 swagbucks for every 5 videos)
- ENTERTAINow – earn up to 18 swagbucks a day (2 swagbucks for every 10 videos)
- Lifestylz.tv – earn up to 18 swagbucks a day (2 swagbucks for every 15 videos)
- Sport.ly – earn up to 18 swagbucks a day (2 swagbucks for every 15 videos)
- Moviecli.ps – earn up to 18 swagbucks a day, currently only on android
- Indymusic.tv – earn up to 18 swagbucks a day, currently only on android
That is up to 126 swagbucks a day just for letting videos run on your phone or device. No time spent.
TIP 2: If you find that your device stalls on an ad click the upper right corner. There is an “X” there, even though you can't see it. It will close the ad and continue the videos.