Some of my most popular posts are on solar power. The cost of solar power can be expensive, but it is cheaper in the long run (always a good strategy for sustainable living). I prefer purchasing a solar power over leasing, but winning one would be even better! If you are looking into solar power then you can also read up on the difference between micro-inverters and a whole house central inverter.
For more solar power details be sure to check out those posts, but in the meantime here are a few bullet points:
- A solar power system on your home may deliver significant savings on your utility bills today, and act as a hedge on rising utility rates.
- By purchasing a solar power system, you may be eligible for a 30% federal Investment Tax Credit, as well as state and local solar incentives.
- In most states, homeowners with solar power systems also may be eligible to take advantage of net energy metering programs that allow them to receive a financial credit from their utility company for the excess solar power they export to the grid.
- Generating your own emission-free solar power reduces your reliance on fossil fuels and your family’s overall carbon footprint.
- Studies have shown that a solar power system may increase the value of your home (http://cleantechnica.com/2013/12/17/study-shows-rooftop-solar-adds-thousands-to-home-resale-values/).
- With a solar power system on their roof, electric vehicle owners can offset the increased electricity costs with emission-free fuel from the sun.
- Solar technology is proven and reliable. Systems generally are warranted for about 25 years, and there’s usually little to no maintenance required. You don’t have to turn it on in the morning – the sun does that for you.
- Solar systems can be purchased outright or through a loan, and lease programs also are available.
- Increasingly, Americans are going solar. The Solar Energy Industries Association estimates that a solar power system is installed in the US every 3.2 seconds.
- Solar is one of the fastest growing industries in America. There are almost 150,000 U.S. solar jobs today.
Sun Power panels come with a 25 year warranty and are the most efficient panels on the market. SunPower was founded in California’s Silicon Valley nearly 30 years ago. The company has manufactured more than one billion cells and has installed more than 4.5 gigawatts of solar around the world (enough to power Paris, France for an entire year). (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv_pe1qdBrc).
How to Enter the Sweepstakes
There is no widget with this giveaway, to enter you must go to the SunPower Sweepstakes Page.
Here are a few other links you may find interesting:
- SunPower Homepage
- Saving with Solar Panels
- SunPower Communities
- SunPower Facebook Page
- SunPower Twitter Page
Specific details on the sweepstakes can be found on the SunPower Sweepstakes FAQ page.
**Sweepstakes eligibility is limited to those who own a solar-suitable home within the state of California, New York, Hawaii, Arizona, or Colorado**
This is a sponsored post (that means I will receive some compensation for posting it). I only post things that I think my readers will be interested in and a sweepstakes to win a solar power array fit.